Dallastown Area High School Community Service Page
- Defined Community Service as:
A volunteer based activity designed to encourage Dallastown Area High School Students to become actively involved in the effort to improve the school and society.
- You will have from May 1st to the following May 1st of each school year to perform and upload your community service activities.
If you are unsure of the hours you have submitted to the Moodle, please email a request, along with your name and grade level to the following email and someone will respond to you as soon as possible.
The following Community Service Hour Form (PDF) is provided for those who wish to keep track of their own hours, but you still must upload your hours to the google form at the bottom of the page by May 1st to be considered for the cord.
Community Service Opportunities
Volunteer Opportunities in York
- York Little Theater (http://www.ylt.org/p/volunteer-behind-scenes.html )
- Red Cross Blood Drives (http://www.redcross.org/support/volunteer )
- United Way (http://www.unitedway.org/take-action/volunteer )
- Appalachian Trail Conservancy (http://www.appalachiantrail.org/get-involved/volunteer )
- Memorial Hospital (http://www.mhyork.org/Join-Our-Family/Volunteers/Default.aspx )
- Habitat For Humanity (http://www.yorkhabitat.org/volunteer.asp )
- York Rescue Mission (http://www.yorkrescuemission.org/index.php?pID=15 )
- S.P.C.A. (http://www.ycspca.org/volunteering.htm )
- Wellspan Health (http://www.wellspan.org/body.cfm?id=319 )
- Sheltered Workshop
- Library (http://beta.yorklibraries.org/web/guest/home-volunteering )
- Soup Kitchen (Our Daily Bread) (http://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/cgi-bin/id/foodbank.cgi?foodbank=2988)
- Lions Club/Leo Club
- Big Brother Big Sister Program
- Food Banks (http://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/cgi-bin/id/foodbank.cgi?foodbank=2988)
- Country Meadows (http://www.countrymeadows.com/ )
- York Jewish Community Center (https://web1.trinexum.com/TXDonateNow/Default.aspx )
- Perrydell Farm Dairy
- Red Lion Area Senior Center (http://www.redlionseniorcenter.com/volunteer.htm )
- Salvation Army (http://www.use.salvationarmy.org/use/www_use_pendel.nsf/)
- YorkArts (http://www.yorkarts.org/volunteer.htm )
- Parks and Recreation (http://yorkcountypa.gov/parks-recreation/get-involved/volunteer.html)
- York County Heritage Trust (http://yorkheritage.org/page.asp?id=59 )
- Pressley Ridge (http://www.pressleyridge.org/get-involved/volunteer-for-an-event/ )
- Spoutwood Farm Center (www.spoutwood.com/ )
- Planned Parenthood (http://www.plannedparenthood.org/central-pennsylvania/get-involved-locally-5151.htm )
- 27. Leg Up Farm (www.legupfarm.org/community/volunteer/)
- SpiriTrust Lutheran (http://www.lutheranscp.org/volunteer/become-a-volunteer-now)
- Humane Society of Harrisburg Area 2010 5K Run/Walk for the Animals
- Great PA Clean Up
- Volunteer at Youth Football Practices
- Usher School Musical
- United Way of York County , Emily Arndt, Youth Volunteer Initiatives Coordinator , 717-771-3822; email: firstname.lastname@example.org , 800 East King Street, York, PA 17403
- Megan Spittler , Special Event Coordinator , Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- ARC Bike Hike; James Poster Director of Development The Arc of York County 497 Hill Street, York, PA 17403 www.thearcofyorkcounty.org
- Our Daily Bread Paula at 848-1674 Our Daily Bread 331 South George Street PO Box 548 York PA 17405-0548 feeding the hungry, serving, washing dishes, etc
- H.O.P.E. (helping others play equally). We are building a barrier-free playground in York. It is the first and only barrier-free playground in York County www.inspiringhopeyork.org and learn more about it
- Broadmore Assisted Living at York! Please contact Shiloh Sickler, Activities Director,at (717) 812-9777 for more information.
- Special Olympics of York - Basketball program/ Blood Drive in memory of Brianna Robertson (717)244-3474
- The Dallastown Economy Store helps over 80 families on a weekly basis with clothing, food, and household items. Last year a few people hung fliers on doors encouraging residents of Dallastown to donate items. It also gave the contact information of the store for those who are not able to get things to the store and would need donations to be picked up at their home. 717-244-6218. Sue Angelili
- Bowl for Kids' Sake
- Big Brothers Big Sisters program within the Dallastown district. It is called the SMART program -- Student Mentors Achieving Results Together. We pair high school mentors with elementary school students. They meet on a weekly basis with adult supervision in order to work on academics, character building, and socialization skills. It is NOT to be confused with the Big Buddy program which is entirely different.
- Dallastown Area Historical Society Catherine Bankoske, high school library Creating a database of items donated to the museum, artistic help with displays, organize donated items
- Victorian Villa 244-9722
- Locks of Love
- American Legion Susan McCleary at 244-6682
- Beautiful York York County Community Foundation 14 West Market Street York, PA 17401-1203 717.848.3733
- Caitlin's Smiles It creates craft bags, etc to give to children who are ill and in the hospital. Cheryl Hornung http://www.caitlins-smiles.org/ 3303 North 6th Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110-1422 (717) 412-4759 Students could make cards to include in the craft kits or put art/bead kits together.
- Dallastown elementary schools’ May Days Contact the PTO president in the building.
- Heifer International. This year my team is doing a rock-a-thon to benefit the SPCA.
- Blood drives
- Car washes for a cause
- Youth group activities
- Missions trips
- Scouting activities for the community
- Nursing homes
- Food banks
- Animal shelters
- Every weekend there’s a 5K, walk or something for a cause
- School activities such as troop’s work, CF events, clothing drives,
- Volunteer club itself
Each student in the high school will be using the same form to input your community service hours.
All students are required to perform 100 community service hours within your 4 years in high school, but 25 hours must be completed in your senior year, in order to wear the cords at graduation.
Please limit your descriptions to 8 words or less.